Friday, October 26, 2007

Game 2


Once again I could only stay awake through the sixth inning - I guess being a little league umpire has left me with a 6-inning attention span. And once again, I didn't miss much - the score was the same the next morning - 2-1 SOX!!
Tonight the Sox are taking a break, but there's no rest for the Rogue Warriors, who have their last double-header of the regular fall season. What? You haven't heard that the mighty Warriors have clinched first place in the league with an 11-1 record so far? Not bad for a team that went 1-12 in their first season two years ago. Oh yeah that's right. Warriors in da house. So even though I'm not on the roster this fall, I'm subbing for their catcher tonight. I'd like to think it's my Veritek-like mad-skillz that got me called. But more than likely it was because I already own the shirt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all too much baseball for me, although I am impressed with those Warriors! It's getting too cold for baseball, isn't it?

Anita said...

yes, in my opinion it's too cold for softball. This is the last regular game of the season and then they have the playoffs the following week. Worst part is, the games can start as late as 9:30 pm. Last year because of so many rain-outs, we were still playing in mid-November. My hands were so numb I could barely feel the ball. That's the reason (the cold) that Dave and I decided to do volleyball on friday nights and took a break from softball. Volleyball is indoors!

But, the Warriors need me.. so I answer the call! (they have to have 4 women on the field in this "mixed" league or they forfeit the game - apparently some of their female players can't make it this week).

Anonymous said...

Wait--so you're playing now, Anita, not just umping? And playing volleyball? I can't keep up!

If you're weather is anything like here, you'll be rained out tonight. At least I hope you won't play because it's icky out there!

We'll be checking out strollers tonight--Ack!

Anita said...

We did get rained out tonight, which is good. For the games I umpire, they play in the rain (brrr!). But the adult softball league players are a bunch of wusses (luckily!) and don't want to play in the rain.

Stroller shopping sounds like fun! How exciting! Have you thought about how you're going to decorate the baby's room?

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a theme for the baby's room, umm, well, not so much. The room is painted as of yesterday, but I think we're trying to decide if the color is what we had in mind. Suffice it to say that those little swatches lie, there were 3 attempts at the right color including one where the paint mixer dude was smoking something and got nowhere near the swatch color, and I'm really hoping that we end up liking the color because painting 4 walls worth of barn board isn't exactly fun. I'll keep you posted.

And woo hoo! The Sox won the WS-- without dragging it out to 7 games!

Tracey said...

Where's game four update!!!!