Friday, July 14, 2006

Day 5 - permits and roof shingles


The bad news is, we don't *exactly* have a permit yet. Turns out they lost the zoning paperwork, but luckily I had my copy which they had mailed to me after they approved it back in June. So a quick trip to the building office straightened that out. We're waiting for one more signature and with any luck the permit should be in my hands this afternoon.

Next order of business is to pick a roof color. I picked two from the samples Louie showed me and he went and nailed up a square of each so I could compare them. Now that I see them on the roof I'm not crazy about either one of them. As a matter of principle I prefer the brownish one - but it seems to change color every time I see it, as the light changes - sometimes appearing a little pinker than I'm comfortable with. I can't see Dave being too happy with a pink roof. So I'm probably going to go with the gray, which is not very adverturous... but then again, starting construction without a permit has filled my adventure quota for the week.

No comments: