Friday, September 29, 2006

week 11 - faxes, carpets, other stuff

Our architect faxed the letter today (I should have known he would - he is very quick). Now I wait for the building department to call me and give me the tentative OK.

Meanwhile, the rocker guy came this morning to measure. That was reassuring...

This weekend we're buying carpet. Sara wants gray, Ethan wants blue (after I talked him out of RED), and Dan wants zebra stripes. Since they will probably be all out of zebra stripes I am thinking he will get gray too. At first I refused to put gray in Sara's room, but after weeks of trying to agree on a color, I realized that gray offers a lot of decorating flexibility and I'm acquiescing.

We also need to get the sink and vanity. We choose a maple vanity at the home depot a few weeks ago, we just need to go order it and pick a vanity top. We're putting a vinyl floor in the laundry room and we should order that too, so we can be ready to put it down the minute the sheetrock is done. We'll also order the hardwood flooring for the hallway.

So lots o' shopping this weekend for me and Dave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Fun! I have to say I've always liked grey--you can get some very pretty shades of it. Have fun!