Tuesday, March 27, 2007

and they said it couldn't be done


Here's the dining room - all finished! The total cost was $417. I used Valspar Signature "Wooden Spoon" (eggshell) on the walls above the wainscotting, and Behr "Creamy White" (semigloss) on the wainscotting and trim. Dave orginially predicted the project to cost $500. I thought he was way off and was figuring on just over $100, maybe $200 at the most. Boy was I off. Plus I will probably need to change the window treatments, so that will bring us up to his original projection.

Now on to the living room. I am undecided on the color. I really want the same color in the living room and dining room (wooden spoon), to join the rooms together and allow the two spaces to flow, especially since the dining room is so small. But it is a pretty strong color and I'm afraid it will be too dark. So I think I will try it on one wall and see how I like it. Normally I would say I could just repaint (heaven knows I do a lot of that), but with Easter fast approaching, I feel pressure to make up my mind quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! And it looks absolutely fabulous! I can't wait to eat lamb in this room.

Yummmm....laaaammmmmbbbb......

Tracey said...

I second that on the lamb, yum, yum. Anita, just make sure you don't have any candy out, knowing me it'll be gone in a matter of minutes. BTW, what can Tim and I do to help with the dinner? We're coming down on Friday mostly likely it'll be late afternoon. So who else is coming besides the Maloo Klan??? See ya soon!! Yay me and Tim only a four day work week!!!!!!!