Monday, March 03, 2008

Bathroom's done! Next!






Joe and crew finished up the bathroom on Friday and I spent the weekend painting, and shopping. I wasn't crazy about the paint color at first, but it has grown on me. Dave describes it as "pea soup a la The Exercist", but it's called Dried Palm (Behr).
Here are the pics, and check out our storage alcove that didn't exist before this remodel.
And from the "I wish I knew then what I know now" vault of wisdom, here's a tip: When the directions on the tile grout sealer bottle say "wipe off excess before it dries", they really mean it. Take them at their word.
ok so we're on to the kitchen/family room megaproject next!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such energy! The bathroom looks great, and I love that extra storage space. Now, will they keep it clean?

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot! I think the paint color is what my friend Kristen and I call "uggy green"--a color we really like! Can't wait to see it in person.

Anita said...

I can see why you'd call it "uggy green." It's one of those colors that will undoubtably be forever associated with this decade - much like avacado green is with the 70's. But this particular color is HOTT right now - it's in all the decorating shows and all the magazines at the check-out counters. I believe I have been brainwashed into liking it.... yet, nevertheless, I do like it.

When the decade ends and the color goes out of style, it will take me 15 minutes to re-paint this bathroom. And one one will be any the wiser..

ok so anyhow, how's my little nephew doing? It's time to update your blog - he's TWO weeks old now!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color! can't wear it to save my life (jaundice, anyone?), but love it otherwise.

Z is doing just great, though very hungry today--he's eating as I type, as a matter of fact. There are 2 week pics up now.