Friday, August 04, 2006

Week 3 - Friday

The crew is working (loudly!) but it's not glamorous work at this point - firestops, strongbacks, and ceiling joists. They did pass the floor inspection but can't put the floor down until the HVAC guy installs the AC ducts that will drop down to the first floor. Supposedly that work is scheduled for next week. So nothing too exciting will happen between now and then.

oh, and in case you are wondering what a strongback is, I looked it up: "A nominal two inch thick framing member attached in the perpendicular to floor or roof trusses, placed vertically against the truss web. " There ya go :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation for your poor old Mom!

Dave said...

Yeah, I knew that. Now if I only new what a truss web was I'd be golden.

Anita said...

I was stuck on the phrase "in the perpendicular" myself..