Thursday, August 31, 2006

Week 7 - grilles



Louie and Mark are making fast work of those windows. Only, we do have a problem. The grille pattern on the new windows doesn't match the old. Louie made a bunch of calls and we're considering a few different work-arounds at this point. One possibility is having custom windows made with the 6-over-6 pattern instead of 8-over-8, , then swapping them out when they come in.

Meanwhile I hear Scott is on vacation this week. See Scott, this never would have happened if you were here! (ok, maybe it would have... :)

7 comments:

Dave said...

6 over 6? 8 over 8? Is that the number of burners? I only need 2, maybe 3. We ARE talking about a new barbeque grill, right? :)

Dave said...

Oh, and.. umh... when you say "custom made" does that imply additional cost (to me)? And what of the windows that are in there now? This sounds expensive.

Anonymous said...

So I'm confused--in the picture of the outside of the house, the windows on the 2nd floor have 6 panes (aren't they the new ones?), but the windows that your workers are hovering over have 8, and those are new, too???????

But at least you have windows!!!! Yeah!

Anita said...

The windows on the side (in the pic) are 6 panes when they should be 8, while the ones in the front are 8-over-8 when they're supposed to be 6-over-6.

But yeah, at least we have windows which means we can schedule the framing inspection and then get the sheetrock up, even if we have to swap out the windows at a later time.

Anonymous said...

No one answered Dace's questions. How come?

Anonymous said...

I meant Dave's.

Tracey said...

Well, What I see-all looks great-I am jealous-we can't even add on or blow of the roof. I suppose we could but I thinks it would look funny going straight up.