Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Week 16 - stuck here a while longer

We just had our fire, electrical and plumbing inspections this morning. We failed plumbing for a bunch of little things. Hopefully we'll have them taken care of by the end of the week.

We still can't move upstairs, because we need our railing installed, and we need the final building inspection. Earliest possible moving date at this point looks like next week some time.

But at least I've started moving some of the kids' things upstairs, including most of their furniture. I'm making a dent in the mess in my living room and foyer. It's a little uplifting, just to be able to see my foyer floor again and not have to step over things.

Here are Daniel and Ethan's rooms, which are just waiting for the boys to move into them.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like nice cozy rooms. Another failed inspection!!Incroyable!!!

Anonymous said...

I think they feel like they have to prove they're doing something, so they randomly fail people.

Looking good!

Anita said...

All the things we got written up for were legitimate. They can all be resolved quickly though, probably in a single visit from the plumber. Just a matter of scheduling him to come and fix them.

None of that is rate-limiting, though. It's the lack of a handrail that is keeping us from getting our final inspection and moving in.

Anonymous said...

so when's that going to happen?

Anita said...

I'm not sure. Louie says, "when the parts come." I am hoping it's sometime next week.

Really, really hoping..

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed and sending good handrail vibes! It seems like it'd be really frustrating for something that mundane to be holding everything up.

Anita said...

Update - the pieces of the railing that have not come in yet are the "basket" ballusters. The other ballusters are in stock. So Louie is going to build the railing without the basket ones (which means every third one will be missing). It won't be "code" since the ballusters won't be 4" apart, but since I don't have toddlers in my house who could stick their heads through the railing, I'm OK with that. It would allow us to move the kids upstairs.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!

Will you get the missing ones at some point?

Anita said...

Yes, hopefully in a few weeks or less. I really can't wait to see the railing. I hope it looks as good as the one in the brochure.