Friday, October 27, 2006

Week 15 - Friday



In the last 2 days, we got the last of the light fixtures in. Here's the fixture in the stairwell, which I love.



The plumber came yesterday and put the radiators in; they are toasty warm. The vanity/pipe issue was resolved and the sinks are fully functional. I love the faucets. The rest of the trim went on, except for a bit of shoe moulding in the hallway. We got all the trim in the bedrooms painted before the carpeting came today, and the carpets look great. Technically we can't move in yet because the stair railing is not up yet, but that is scheduled for early next week. The last 3 inspections are all scheduled for early next week also.

In the meantime, I've already started stocking the closets and moving some of the kids' things into their rooms. I expect to be hanging curtains and moving dressers this weekend, even if we can't move the beds yet (it can't look like they're sleeping up there).

There are a few odds and ends left to do. There is still plenty of trim left to paint in the hallway and laundry room. We have to buy a dryer this weekend which will be delivered and installed into the new laundry room (woo hoo!), and we have to buy and put up the mirror over the sinks. We have to put the floor down in the catbox closet, and move the litter box up there. We should also install the cat door in that closet door, even though it will kill me to cut a hole in that brand new door.

And of course, after all the junk is removed from Hannah's room, we have to paint her room (a pretty purple) and get her moved up there so I can set up my office, which will be in her old room.

So lots o' stuff to keep us off the streets this weekend. But it's fun stuff, that we've been waiting a long time to do :)

The end is in sight..

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the lighting-so cool looking!

Anita said...

Thanks - I looked for a light fixture for the stairway for weeks, couldn't find anything I liked. Then in desperation one day, I had to run to Lowes and buy one - any one - because the electrician was here and needed to put it up. So I ran to Lowes and grabbed something off the shelf. Turns out, it matches perfectly with the other lights in the hallway (which were bought at Home Depot), and I like it so much that I bought matching smaller one for the downstairs foyer.

Anonymous said...

We just got back from 3 days in VT, and lo and behold, you're almost there! Ethan thought he's move in this weekend, but he has to wait just a wee bit longer.

Anonymous said...

So is no news good news?