Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Week 14 - doors and trim


The doors are going up today. The electrician is here, fiddling with the breaker box. And tomorrow he is planning to install the light fixtures.

I have no idea when the radiators are going in, but last I heard it was scheduled for some time this week.

And Scott's going to bring the big ladder in for me before he leaves today, so I can paint the part of the stairwell that I haven't been able to reach. He's also going to bring over a plank so I can set up a scaffold to do the cutting-in for the stairwell. You can just see a peek of the mystery color in this picture. As I saw it in the daylight today, I have to say it is really pretty after all, especially with the doors up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the mystery color that orangy, wood color? Are you afraid to show a bigger swatch? It looks rather nice, whatever it is.

Anita said...

Yes, although it's hard to tell the actual color in that picture. The hallway will be ready for its close-up after the trim is painted.

Which might take forever, since last night I spent 2 hours painting 4 doors, only one side of each. All this trim is going to kill me..

Anonymous said...

Whenever we paint, Dad does the trim. I roll out paint on the big areas, since I'm not patient enough to do the trim.

Anita said...

Rolling is more satisfying because you can see the transformation before your eyes, especially with a color like this one.

8 doors, two sides each, plus 8 closet doors, one side each - times (at least) 2 coats each, possibly 3 coats each...

At half an hour per door side = 24 hours, for 2 coats, or 36 hours for 3 coats.

Wow.. that's not even counting all the trim, and 7 windows, and door jams, and closet shelves.