Thursday, October 12, 2006

Week 13 - wearing thin



I just wanted to share with you some pictures of my living room, which represent (1) the living conditions in my house, and (2) my state of mind.

The other night I was watching "Cops", and they were raiding a drug house, which they do in pretty much every episode, and I thought, "hey, that's basically what my living room looks like now". I lose things the second I put them down. I have no motivation to put anything away because, after all, where is "away"?

I really, really need to get this addition finished so I can have my house back. And my mind back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll second that sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I can just see you all painting away this weekend. We'll be in the Tinton Falls, NJ area for a family wedding, but, sorry we won't have any time to come and help paint! But have a productive time. A coat of paint always makes a big difference and you're almost there! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my poor children! Jeanette is right , though, Nita. You'll feel better after some paint gets on those walls. Erica, what can I say?

Anonymous said...

Oh, nothing really. Unless you've found a magic spell for finishing houses.

Anita said...

I will feel better when I get my daugher out of my dining room and my sons out of my basement, and my other daugher out of my (future) office! And all their krap out of my living room and foyer.

only a matter of days now...

Tracey said...

Wow, scary sight but in the long run it'll all come together; your living room, future office and basement will be what you have wanted all along. Oh btw, Happy Birthday-I hope big brother called. I reminded to call while I was at Girl Scouts with Taryn.