Monday, October 16, 2006

Week 14 - let's see of we stick to the schedule

I have decided that spending the weekend painting is not as much fun as spending it shopping.

The spackler finished up on Friday and sprayed on a coat of primer for us. However, we didn't get to paint much on Saturday because we had a soccer game, two baseball games (one of which Dave and I umpired), and Dan's tennis lesson. Sunday was a paint-a-thon, though. We finished all three bedrooms and the laundry room, and got one coat on the ceiling in the hallway. With no electricity up there yet, we were stuck using lamps plugged into extension cords, so our lighting was not optimal. I may still throw another coat onto the ceilings, because with this satin paint, you can really see all the "not-quite-covered" spots if the light hits it a certain way.

I also bought 5 quart cans of various shades for the hallway and painted some sample squares. Dave and I decided to go with the boldest of the colors - this is a leap of faith, even for me! I have a feeling we will either love it or hate it. ... we'll probably be getting the first coat on in a day or two. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Can't wait to see that bold colored hallway.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you decided to go bold! Can't wait to see it!

Anita said...

I painted the hallway yesterday. I had to - Scott was planning to put the trim up today and I wanted to be done with the rolling before he put the trim up.

All I can say is - I can't believe I chose that color. It's a common color used on Trading Spaces-type shows. You know, where they open up the can and the camera focuses on the shocked faces of the participants?

Yeah.. it's that color.