Wednesday, October 04, 2006

You want me to sign *what*?


The truck came around noonish to deliver the sheetrock. The driver said the delivery was for "curbside only" unless I was willing to sign a waiver that said I would not hold them liable for damage to the driveway, utility wires, landscaping, or the property. I had a brief flashback of the dumpster truck almost taking out my porch column...

So I refused to sign, and went inside and called Louie. Louie must have been nearby because he was at my house within 10 minutes, talking to the delivery guys. He told them they just needed to be careful of the well (to which the one guy replied, "oh that's a well?"). Louie said he'd take responsibility if they damaged anything, which made me feel a lot better since they were planning to pull up to within a foot of my expensive stone garden wall.

So anyways... here they are, unloading the rock.. very carefully.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So by now it should've been all unloaded. Is the house still standing?

Anita said...

Yes, it seems they have not destroyed anything.

Tracey said...

You were lucky-I would have been on edge myself. Don't forget to check out the pics of the refrig and range. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

I've been posting comments, and they don't show up?

Anita said...

They don't show up? you mean, like the sheetrockers? hmmm.... coincidence? or conspiracy!